Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Lost my wallet...but found hope in Malaysia

When I discovered I had lost my wallet, a sudden anguish comes piercing in my heart...I am not pining for the money lost but for the pain and agony that I thot awaits me when I go to the Government Departments to get a new set of documents.....

Well, the first thing one does with the loss of a wallet is you start ringing up the banks to inform them that your ATM and Credits card's lost....well HSBC scores high in this category compared to the one handling my problems at CIMB....compared to the HSBC guy, the CIMB person rates as one of the members of the Keystone Cops or an offspring of one of the 3 stooges, totally incompetent.....so hurrah for the world's local bank...CIMB have along way to go to match HSBC....

The next morning, the first thing I did was to make a police report....the Corporal (policewoman) manning the counter at the Patani road police station did the report efficiently...ask me a few questions on where I lost it...and in a matter of minutes, got my report....no sweat...syabas....

then its off to the National Registration Dept...and surprise surprise took me less than 40 minutes to get my temporary IC and in about 3 weeks time my new MyCard..wow...good no hassle service...again syabas..,..

i was full trepedition...when i have to approach JPj...my past experience tells me its a hell hole...frequented by touts and all sorts of low life trying to scrap a buck or two from the public...because of the incompetence of the JPJ system..BUT Lo and Behold...I managed to get my new drivers licence in less than 30 minutes...no kidding..

Well, all I can say is I lost my wallet but found faith in Malaysia

No comments: